The Eggies™ System commercials are getting serious airtime lately, and I, for one, am pretty excited about this product. Peeling an egg may only take a few seconds for some people, but I’ve never been able to master it like others can, so I need a little help. Thank goodness for Eggies™! These little plastic egg-shaped marvels make perfect hard-boiled eggs!
I’ve listed the top five things you NEED to know about Eggies™:
- Just say no (to the microwave) – if you’re even considering it, stop right now. Eggies™ are meant to be boiled. I don’t know what they would do in the microwave, and I don’t want to find out. Trust me, boiling is the way to go.
- Seal the deal – Make sure you’ve got your seals lined up and your Eggies™screwed tightly. Anytime you have water and heat, you know there will be steam involved. Air will try to escape any way it can, and said air could pop your Eggies™ right open.
- Flat-bottomed Eggies™ – This was a happy discovery for me. Boiling your eggs with Eggies™ gives them a nice flat bottom so they won’t roll off your breakfast plate and onto the floor.
- ‘Tis the Season – Arguably, the best part about Eggies™ is being able to season the eggs before you cook them. Salt, pepper, oregano, Adobo, Old Bay – I don’t know how you make your eggs, but with Eggies, you can make them better.
- NO PEELING! – I know, that’s something you already know about Eggies™, but boiling a shell-free egg is so great, I had to say it again.
So, if you’re an egg fan, I fully recommend you give Eggies™ a go!